Combine two of the most popular forms of holiday transport in one memorable trip.
Experience the outback adventure of Australia’s iconic rail journey onboard The Ghan from Adelaide to Darwin before embarking on a 10-night cruise aboard the premium cruise ship ASTOR.
The Indian Ocean Rail & Sail departs Perth on February 14, 2015 when passengers will travel by air to Adelaide.
The next day, it’s “all aboard” as they make themselves comfortable in a Gold Class cabin aboard The Ghan and settle in for a two-night train ride through the centre of Australia to Darwin.
After a few days there, guests will then bid Darwin “au revoir” as they board the cruise ship Astor for a 10-night trip that will visit Bali, Port Hedland and Exmouth, before returning to Fremantle Port on March 1, 2015.
Astor returns to WA on December 13, 2014 for her second summer Down Under after a successful inaugural season in 2013-14. Her capacity is 620 guests and she boasts facilities that include a choice of dining and bar venues, a boutique, spa, fitness centre and two pools. Meals and entertainment while onboard Astor are also included.
This terrific package starts at $4489 per person twin share and includes:
- One way airfare from Perth to Adelaide
- One night accommodation in Adelaide
- Two nights’ Gold Service accommodation with all on board meals on The Ghan from Adelaide to Darwin
- Two nights’ accommodation in Darwin
- Afternoon City Sights tour
- Complimentary pass to Crocosaurus Cove
- 10 nights aboard Astor from Darwin to Fremantle including all meals on board the ship
- Ports of Call highlights include Bali, Port Hedland, Exmouth
- Bali visa included
This package commences on 14 February, 2015 and is valid for sale until 30 June, 2014.
Conditions apply, as per the booking conditions of Broome and Kimberley Holidays.
Also check out:
- Choose the same adventure as above, but start your holiday in Adelaide, from $4264 – click here for details.
- The 18N Southern Ocean Rail & Sail, includes travel on Astor from Perth to Sydney and then return onboard the Indian Pacific train, from $4903 – click here for details
Media wanting a copy of Astor’s 2014-15 Australian summer brochure can contact Brad Elborough on 0417 175 434 or email@example.com.