Save $1060 per couple – book by August 31, 2018
Feel the spirit of India and be immersed in the country’s ancient principles of wellness and wellbeing on a new, extended fly, cruise and stay holiday for Australians featuring a peaceful cruise along the sacred Brahmaputra River and a week long stay at a luxury spa at the foot of the Himalayas.
Released exclusively by Cruise Traveller in partnership with Indian river cruise company, Adventure Resorts and Cruises (ARC), the 16-night ‘Wellness and Wildlife in India’ package combines a seven-night cruise on the Brahmaputra River with daily excursions to see some of India’s hidden wonders and exotic wildlife as well as an all-inclusive stay at the luxurious Ananda, a destination spa resort concealed amongst the mountain forests of the Himalayan foothills.
Departing from Australia on November 9, 2019, the itinerary begins in Kolkata before moving to Guwahati in India’s far north-eastern state of Assam, where guests will board ARC’s boutique, 46 guest river ship, MV Mahabaahu. Highlights of the seven-night cruise include:
* A safari of the Kaziranga National park famous for the great single-horned Indian rhino as well as wild elephants, tigers, buffalo and exotic birds.
* Views of the 7000m-high Himalayas on a clear day
* An in-depth look at a local family-run tea-estate for which the region is famous
* The Shiva Dol temple – a popular pilgrimage destination in north-east India
The cruise also features aromatic Indian cuisine, complimentary excursions, daily yoga and other activities. The Brahmaputra River also boasts views of the 7000m-high Himalayas and, apart from the Zambezi River, is the only river cruise in the world from which boat, jeep and elephant safaris are offered.
After the cruise, guests are transferred to the Ananda in the Himalayas Spa Resort – one of India’s best, luxury wellness retreats – for a week of pampering and wellbeing. The week-long stay at the forest retreat overlooking the spiritual Ganges River Valley includes:
* All meals, which feature healthy, organic cuisine to restore balance and harmonise energy
* Spa and lifestyle activities such as daily yoga and meditation
* Use of hydrotherapy facilities including sauna, chill plunge pool and heated lap pool
* A trek to the top of Kunjapuri mountain to see Kunjapuri Devi Temple, one of India’s most revered, ancient places, with views of the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas.
Guests are transferred back to Delhi for a flight back to Australia.
Including international return flights with Singapore Airlines from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth plus domestic flights in India, cruise excursions and a night in each of Delhi and Kolkata, the 16-night Wellness and Wildlife in India package is available from A$17,795 per person, twin-share, which includes a saving of $530 person if booked by August 31, 2018. Conditions apply and subject to availability.
To book the “Wellness and Wildlife in India’ fly/cruise/tour package, visit www.cruisetraveller.com.au/mahabaahu or call Cruise Traveller on 1800 507 777.
SOURCE: Cruise Traveller