Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection is excited to share its new, innovative dining options, bringing guests more unique choices across all of its luxurious all-inclusive river cruise ships. This year, Uniworld has launched unprecedented culinary programming such as progressive dinners and cooking lessons with their expert chefs, continuing to push the boundaries on alternative dining on the rivers.
“Our culinary team are devoted to creating the ultimate dining experience,” says Ellen Bettridge CEO and president of Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection. “We take pride in bringing a taste of each destination onboard our ships, while providing a variety of dining options for our guests. From cooking with the renowned chefs onboard to tasting regional wine from local vineyards, we are bringing our guests completely authentic and immersive culinary moments.”
Uniworld’s alternative dining options include:
- Progressive Dinners – Unique to river cruising, Uniworld offers progressive dining on all of its Super Ships sailing throughout Europe. With this special experience, guests can eat each course in a new location on the ship, bringing them to multiple dining venues onboard their floating boutique hotel. From entrees in the galley to dessert on the top deck, guests will discover hidden-gem spots throughout their meals. Menu offerings vary for each sailing, as the dishes change per chef, destination, season and region. For example, regional menu items may include soup of the day served with puff pastries, homemade seafood cigar with sweet chili dip, beef roulade, fresh locally-sourced vegetables, refreshing sorbet and more.
- Alternative Dining – Several of Uniworld’s restaurants, including Max’s restaurant on the newly renovated S.S. Beatrice, offer intimate cooking classes where guests can create local European cuisines alongside the chef such as wiener schnitzel and goulash. La Cave du Vin on S.S. Joie de Vivre offers an exclusive hands-on dining experience, where guests select fresh ingredients and prepare a seven-course meal with the ship’s onboard chefs such as foie gras from the region, lamb de Provence, regional desserts and cheeses. Additionally, the River Countess’ restaurant L’Osteria opens with Italian antipasto, fresh market salads, various types of al fresco pizza freshly made from the ship’s professional pizzaiolo (pizza maker), breadsticks from the local markets, freshly cut prosciutto di Parma and local sweets.
- Al Fresco Dining – On five of Uniworld’s ships; including River Empress, River Princess, River Countess, River Duchess and River Queen; guests can dine on the top deck, al fresco. Whether it’s enjoying a four-course meal under the stars or viewing sites along the river, this dining experience is the perfect way to celebrate a special occasion, at no additional cost.
- Farm-to-Ship Cuisine – Uniworld’s “Farm-to-Ship” approach brings the very best local dishes and ingredients onboard, created by their master chefs. With meats and vegetables sourced from just kilometres away, guests can fully immerse in the culture of each destination they visit and eat produce that is native to that specific region. Menu items reflect the local cuisine and range from French onion soup in Paris to homemade apple strudel in Vienna.
- Room Service Available 24/7 – In addition to experiencing farm-to-ship cuisine at one of Uniworld’s many restaurants, all of Uniworld’s European voyages include room service that is available to guests 24/7, at no additional cost. Guests can have the destination’s most beloved cuisines delivered to their suite or cabin, the bar, top deck or lobby, any time of the day.
- Craft Cocktails and Regional Wine – The cocktails, much like Uniworld’s ships, are one-of-a-kind and inspired by the destinations visited. For example, the “Sassy Bordeaux” cocktail evokes the region with Lillet Blanc, its signature aperitif, and fresh, local tarragon. The ships’ bars offer local craft beer, specialty cocktails, regional wine and tastes of family-owned vineyards. Uniworld’s European ships are fully stocked with approximately 115 premium liquors, over 90 of which are complimentary throughout the cruise.
For more information visit uniworld.com or call 1300 780 231.